The Da Vinci Code

I am currently reading “The Da Vinci Code” by Dan Brown. “The Da Vinci Code” is the second of a three book series which includes “Angels & Demons”,“The Da Vinci Code”, and “Inferno”. I decided to read this book because I watched the movie versions of each book and I wanted to compare them. Also, I have a favorite and least favorite movie and I wanted to see if it would be the same for the books. The book is about Professor Robert Langdon who is an American but is currently overseas. The story follows him on his pursuit of uncovering one of the most influential secrets in history. It all starts when a curator at the Louvre is murdered. His unusual death makes the police go to Professor Langdon for his expertise on symbology. Professor Langdon is given clues to help solve the secret in the form of art pieces made by the most famous artists in history. The secret that Professor Langdon is trying to uncover has been kept under wraps by a Secret Society in the Catholic Church named Opus Dei for thousands of years. While Opus Dei is trying to keep the secret quiet there is another secret society called the Priory of Sion who is trying to keep the secret alive. The Priory was made up of some of the most important thinkers in history and their goal was to make sure the secret was passed on from generation to generation. Working against Professor Langdon is a monk named Silas who works for Opus Dei. He is an albino and is the man who murdered the curator at the Louvre. Professor Langdon appears to be a nice man who is more focused on his craft more than his social life. He does not like all the fame and attention he receives from his previous journeys. Also, he is an intellectual who graduated from Harvard and he is a man of high class. The story begins in modern day Paris, France.Image result for louvre