BLOG 14:READ-ENTALISM-TIGO

I am currently reading desperate characters by Paula Fox. The book was firstly published in 1970 to wide acclaim and out of print for more than a decade. I have been reading this book for a month and a week now. The storyline is about 2 individuals, Otto and Sophie Bentwood living a childless life in a renovated Brooklyn brownstone. The complete works Goethe line their bookshelf their stainless-steel kitchen is newly installed and their Mercedes is parked curbside. After Sophie is bitten on the hand while trying to feed a half-starved neighborhood cat, a series of small and ominous disasters begin to plague their lives revealing the fault lines and fractures in a marriage and a society wrenching itself apart. The book is complicated because the author used archive English hence it makes it difficult to understand but since I want to know how the story ended I like reading it. Aside from the usual readings in class I sometimes read on my own because our reading in class has encouraged me.
Also, my take away from transcendentalism is that you shouldn’t rely on others to make yourself happy because you are capable to do anything yourself when you are self-reliant. I also learnt from Song Of Myself that life is not as simple as we may see but it takes a lot of courage and determination to make it and no one really knows the true definition of society sometimes is like grass and other times is a different thing altogether. I don’t know anything about the movie but since it was hyped in class am anticipated to watch and see what is all about.