Featured Song

My song I chose is “Pompeii” by¬†Bastille. Bastille also composed many other songs. For example, “Overjoyed”, “Bad Blood”, “Flaws”, “Laura Palmer”, “Things We Lost in the Fire”, “Of the Night”, “Oblivion”, “Torn Apart”, “Good Grief”, “Send Them Off!”, and “Happier”. It was released on¬†12 January 2013. The single sold over 2 million copies around the world. I would find this a very successful song. The recording company is Virgin Records.

One of the instruments used in “Pompeii” is the drums. They also use a digital background during the whole song. This song uses mostly rock vocal style. The mood of song is mostly sad. The tempo is more fast than slow. The lyrics are about the town of Pompeii which was destroyed in a volcanic eruption. The song is about the before and after effect of the eruption.

I think this song is really good. I like this because its lyrics are meaningful. They are pretty a remembrance of the volcanic eruption that took out a lot of the population of Pompeii. All in all, this song is really good.

5 thoughts on “Featured Song

1. I love this song as a huge fan of Bastille. I have almost all of their albums and I have all of their songs downloaded. Pompeii isn’t my favorite but it got me into them so it means a lot to me.