allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson

The book I am reading is about a girl Mary whose mother just had given birth to a girl about three months old, Mary the main character was 9 at the time when the mother found the child not breathing after putting her to bed. the child’s death was investigated to turn to be a murder by strangling, Mary was the first to blame for the murder. Mary was charged as guilty and was put into a juvenile institution and then was moved to multiple group homes for troubled children. Mary is now 16 years old and she recently found out she is pregnant by her boyfriend from across town in another group home. the head mistress is fighting for Mary to get an abortion or either get rid of the child as soon as the birth, Mary is strongly against it because she doesn’t want he child growing up the cruel way she did. I like the main character Mary I think she is right for accepting her fate and taking charge of her mistakes and trying to keep her child. Reading this article makes me think about how much Mary is going through  https://www.cwla.org/babies-behind-bars/