Image result for self care in quarantine

1. I’ve been reading the Quarantine series by Lex Thomas, which now that I think about it, it’s kinda ironic… Anyways, I read this series freshman year and started back up about two months ago after I finished The Hidden Oracle.  All of the adults were killed by a virus that infected McKinley High after there was an explosion that wiped out most of the adult population.  The kids were then quarantined within the school, where gangs began to form due to lack of supplies.  David is the main character, who is a “scrap”, (doesn’t belong to a gang) just barely survives by washing people’s clothes in exchange for goods.  David and his brother, Will are currently on the run from Varsity after David accidentally killed one of their members.  Since I have a study hall now 11th period, I have been continuing my book for a couple more minutes outside of class.  Although I still didn’t have enough time to read often, I do now (actual quarantine), so I will probably work on the rest of the series shortly.
  2. Honestly, as confusing as this chapter was, I was really able to understand just how important it is for us to really understand ourselves better and how we connect to the world around us.  Through Walt Whitman’s Song of Myself, I was really able to understand how important self-reflection is in order to be truly happy.  Also, it shows how you should never focus on what others think about you.
  3. Through the pre-viewing research of the film Vertigo, I learned a lot about the way this movie was shot and how advanced the videography techniques were for this time.  It really seems like a breakthrough film in the aspect of how filming happened at this time.  As a techie, I thought that it was really interesting to learn more about how simple things like music, lighting, and props can affect the film noir of a scene.  I’m very excited to watch this movie because even though it was shot in 1958, I have faith in the lead actors and actresses to make this decently enjoyable.