BlOg NuMbEr 7:))) Poetry

At the beginning of this lesson. I thought it would be easy because in elementary school we learned about rhyme.. that’s all we knew about poetry. I didn’t realize that poetry was so complicated. Why would poets go through all of that work just for a small piece of writing.. I don’t get it. Poetry isn’t as bad as everyone is saying it is.. IT’S JUST TIME CONSUMING AND VERY CONFUSING. There are things I get confused on, like stressed and unstressed.  We could read Eldorado as a whole and I know exactly where they stand.  But then when I re read on my own.. oh boy… I see it very differently. I don’t know if thats a good or bad thing because we all say things differently so like maybe it’s alright. I kind of like some works though, Edgar Allen Poe does a good job. I understand what all of his poems are about really easy. I think my problem with poetry is just trying too find out where the pieces come from and how the work is considered a type of poetry. I’m pretty good with knowing what the theme is and whats going on.  I don’t think poetry is a “monster”, I think everyone has their opinions though. I certainly think that a lot of students dislike poetry just because they have no idea how to decipher everything inside of the work. Which that is why we learn poetry, right? To get a better understanding, and then maybe.. just maybe it wouldn’t be so hard.