Poems, eh, they’re alright. #7

Honestly, I still have the same opinion of poems. I always knew that there were some poems that sucked really bad, while others were pleasing to read. I learned a lot about the history of poems, and the traditional writing that went along with the timelines. Personally, I enjoy the newer poems, because the allusions are a lot easier to pick up on. Some of the terms were hard to pick up on thought. Also, I struggle with picking out how many meters there are in a poem. I hate breaking down the poems, and remembering how many meters it is, and stressed/unstressed syllables. I feel like you should only do those techniques if you don’t understand the text, and just let me ready the poems. It’s kind of like eating your favorite food over and over again, after a while it gets worse and worse. Poetry is like that. After reading plenty of poems, or one huge poem, I start to lose interest. When I said that I enjoy poems, I meant short ones that have to do with a topic I’m interested. I’m getting a bunch of old long poems full of allusions that I can’t pick up on, instead of the new short poems. Next, my thoughts on Eldorado are not what I expected. I expected the story to be an awful story that I couldn’t pick up on. I read the poem until I got what it meant to me, before even breaking it down into those awful syllables. Its meaning is super hidden, I might not even have the correct theme in my head, but it’s still a good poem.

In all, poems can be liked by any person, but die off in interest from average literate people, usually caused by old poems with allusions to irrelevant life to today. The bible references used to be enjoyed by people back in the day. On the other hand, there are a good handful of poems about nature, cooking, etc. anything that interests you. I like the creative aspect as well. Poems are pleasant, only when you pick you own topic.