All The Missing Girls

I recently chose to start reading All The Missing Girls by Megan Miranda. I decided to read this book after reading the summary because I found it interesting. All The Missing Girls is the story about Nicolette Farrell and how she leaves her successful life and fiance behind to drive nine hours away in order to take care of her father. Nicolette will end up driving to where her best friend had disappeared ten years prior. Now, there’s beginning to be an increase in missing people in this town. Within the span of fifteen days, Nicolette pieces together the information revealing secrets about her friends and family. She figures out the truth of what really happened to her best friend 10 years ago.  I found this summary to be very interesting, and I had to find out what events take place throughout this story. 

Although I haven’t read much of this story so far, the part that I did read is quite interesting. The story starts out with Nicolette finding out she needs to make a nine-hour drive so she can help take care of her father. As she leaves her life behind, she stared at her empty apartment. Nicolette would be gone for a while, so she had to be prepared with all of her necessities. She then left her successful life and fiance behind and starts the drive to her father. The setting goes from an apartment in Philadelphia to nine hours away in a town called Cooley Ridge. Her father is in “bad shape” and so is the house. Nicolette’s brother was then introduced into the story. He was under the impression that Nicolette was coming to help her father. That’s true, but what he doesn’t know is that Nicolette had a letter sent to her saying, “I need to talk to you. That girl. I saw that girl”. Throughout the beginning of the book, that quote was repeated which emphasizes its importance.

So far, this story really grabbed my attention and I think it’s worth reading. Certain details such as the fact that Nicolette is leaving her life for 2 months to live somewhere else seems very interesting to me because I believe there could be a lot of conflicts that can’t be solved since she’s so far away from everything. I appreciate what Nicolette is doing for her father (even though she’s also making this journey for the purpose of the letter she received), and it makes me like her character a little more. I’m ready to see how the story develops, and I’m excited to continue reading this book.

Image result for all the missing girls megan miranda