In “Where I Lived and What I Lived For”, the mangoes and starts to live in the woods on Independence Day. This is the day where the man becomes self-reliant and one of nature’s inhabitants. This can be connected to Emerson’s works “Nature” and “Self-Reliance.” “Self-Reliance” is really easy to connect because the man is going to live by himself in the woods and it becomes even easier to connect because in the story the man moves out on Independence Day. Emerson’s “Nature” is about how nature is important and that man and nature should live together in harmony. This connects to “Where I Lived and What I Lived for” because the man is going out to live in the woods and has to use the nature around him to live. The main idea of “Where I Lived and What I Lived For” is about inner fulfillment and living independently. In the first portion of “Where I Lived and What I Lived For”, the man says, “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived,” which is what helped me get to my conclusion. The main point of “The Conclusion” is that you should live your life and be happy about your life. It says things like, “Humility like darkness reveals the heavenly lights”, which is what made me think that that is the main point of “The Conclusion.” The benefits of Thoreau’s leaving behind society to live in the woods experiment could be that the person learns to become more independent. It could also be that it helps the person find themself. It might even help a person get over a fear of being alone. If I had to do this I would miss just about everything. My house, my family, my friends, dogs, etc. I don’t think I would be able to do this. If I was forced to do it, I would probably end up powering through it, but I just think I would be so mentally exhausted. I am so paranoid. I would be thinking the whole time that something is gonna come and kill me or I’m going to eat something poisonous, etc. I feel like what modern readers should take out what we have been talking about is to be more independent, not just with people but also with things like technology. Also, to take better care of nature and our planet, which is very relevant right now with climate change.