Blog 14: Read-entalism-tigo

Image result for vertigo

The book I am currently reading is Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I have been reading this book since the beginning of the year… oops. Some of the highlights that I have read so far are when Will finally starts to have some respect for Lou; when he starts to treat and talk to her like a human being. Before, Will would not give Lou the time of day, some days he would not even bother to address her, or even look at her. Now, they are able to hold a conversation with some back and forth going on. Another highlight is when they go to the concert. At this point, it is obvious that they are both comfortable with each other. They got all dolled up, and the famous little scene where they are in front of each other, showing off what they look like. I do not really dislike anything too much about this book, it is not that bad. The only think that makes it less enjoyable is the fact that I already know what’s going to happen because I 1) saw the movie already and 2) heard spoilers about it even before I watched the movie. With that being said, it takes the effect away from me a little. But as far as the reading Friday’s are going and how much they affect my out-of-school reading goes… it has no effect really. If it wasn’t for the 15-20 minutes in class, I honestly would not bother to go out and try and find a book that I like and take the time to sit down and read it. I kind of liked the transcendentalism unit. Even though it was hella confusing, it was interesting to me to see that whole other perspective. It was cool to see a small glimpse of such a spiritually woke mindset. This made me look back on myself and my life a few times. It made me question was the thing/ situation I was stressed/ worrying about, even worth my time? My initial thoughts on the movie Vertigo… I was curious about the hype. I knew before that it was a movie that twisted people’s minds and had that cool effect, but when it talked about in class, it just made me more curious. But, now with this whole coronacation thing, I don’t know when we’re going to get back. I hope we still watch it.