Blog 9: Virtues Experiment

In the very beginning, before I started the experiment, I did not think it was going to be that bad. I thought that I could follow the virtues my group came up with pretty easily. But, oh my god.. I was WRONG. I knew that I had no self control… but actually seeing what that looks like… and being able to visualize what it looks like surprised me a lot. I am definitely going to ramble on here because most of the time, I don’t even know what I am going to say and just usually wing it and hope for the best. So, with that being said, let me tell you about my week. Wednesday was not too bad. I definitely said some stupid stuff that I could have kept in my mouth but most of it was for conversations/ entertainment. You know, that sort of thing. Thursday was a little rougher for me. It also felt off and the vibe was off. It definitely felt like a Friday and the week was dragging. I wanted the week to be over already and for break to start. I was worried about something stupid too and so I had to ask for some advice from my friends. They helped a lot which was nice. One of the nice thin gs about Thursday is that a few of my friends and I were planning on doing gift exchanges on Friday. But, like everything, I waited to do it last minute… just like this blog. But even though I had to cram everything in last minute with getting their gifts around, I enjoyed doing it. For their gifts, they all got cookies that I baked of, and that is where it started going down hill for me. I had made a few dozen and then gave a little pack for my bus driver. That made me feel good, but I ate a lot of cookies that night when I baked them off. I mean, don’t get me wrong, they slapped, but I definitely violated temperance that night. I felt good about Friday, but when I looked down at my chart, I noticed I violated a ton compared to the last 2 days. I was shocked because I felt good about that day. It was the last day before break, plus a half day… but I ended up violating around five more virtues then the other days! Sunday and Monday were not too bad other than, of course, temperance and industry.

I noticed that I am an extremely unorganized person and that I can not keep my stuff organized to save my life. I would look around on my desk or my room, and it would be clean one minute and gross the next? I had to clean up a couple of times, but I guess I would let things pile up and then ended up cleaning things up once again. Cleanliness was by FAR the easiest one to follow; easy money. Staying clean and keeping up with proper hygiene take almost no effort and I was NOT about to marinate in my own filth. Over all, even though I definitely failed the experiment, I didn’t think it was that bad and I can see why Franklin did it. Anyway, that’s that. I’m turning this in very late but what’s new.