“Song of Myself” Blog

Here we go again. First impressions are not good. Its not that it is a bad poem by any means, its the project assigned with it. Personally I found the poem to be interesting. It is always refreshing when different mediums of art an ideas compliment each other. In this case we have poetry and philosophy. Id rather see and read philosophical ideas as poems over essays any day. Poems are usually shorter and can be fun to decipher once in a while. It displays the core ideas of transcendentalism without it being mundane, or having to go through the drudgery of scrolling through page after page of complicated speech. My group was assigned sections three, four, and six. My opinions on these sections are that of the entire poem. They can be interesting if you put your mind to it. Knowing my group they are less than enthusiastic about poetry. Whitman’s clear use of nature description and his description of the cycle of matter show his transcendentalist viewpoint. My sections also highlight his his spiritual belief with life. Whitman goes as far as to describe his spiritual connection to his own organs. “Welcome is every organ and attribute of me, and of any man hearty and clean, Not an inch nor a particle of an inch is vile, and none shall be less familiar than the rest.” Transcendentalist believe that all matter is connected so this only makes sense in this case. This line is also very spiritual. Whitman again uses this line to highlight that he values all life and understands all life with the same regard. A child said What is the grass? fetching it to me with full hands; How could I answer the child? I do not know what it is anymore
than he. I really enjoy this line and will incorporate it into the project. The project I am very upset about. I fear my partners will not pull any weight. As worried as I may be though at least I know no matter what happens I will still be alive and happy on way or another. 

https://www.spotern.com/en/spot/tv/breaking-bad/53237/the-book-leaves-of-grass-to-walter-white-in-breaking-bad

The book Leaves of Grass to Walter White in Breaking Bad