Blog 11: Argumentative Reflection

In doing this to be in school, and Mr. McGary’s American literature class, it has change my perspective on the way people argue daily. I’m sure everybody argues at least once every day. But sometimes we rarely realize when we are doing it. I think the biggest thing that I learned during this lesson, is the different types of arguments. I think it’s interesting that different arguments have different impacts on an audience. I think in my daily life in high school, most of the kids use insults when arguing. I don’t think this is as affective as the other ways that we learned. I also think I would use insult as my argument, just because that’s what I’m used to hearing. Some people are better at arguing then others, and it was kind of fun to realize why those people were better at arguing. We learned about which tactics they use, unknowingly, to argue daily. Some people are better at arguing then others, and it was kind of fun to realize why those people were better at arguing. We learned about which tactics they use, unknowingly, to argue daily. Which is crazy that there’s a science behind it. We don’t realize on a daily basis that we do the things that we do. I tend to argue a lot, especially with Aaron Williams, kid always gets me going. But his arguing tactics just do not make sense, which makes me wanna argue with him even more.

And during the debates I learned that rebottle is very hard. The rebuttal was supposed to be three minutes long and mine was about 20 seconds. But as students did their debates I learned more about the rebottle and I probably could do a better one now. Since I was one of the first people that went I didn’t really know what to do