blog 10

My topic for debate is man influences climate change. My assigned position is con. This is not my personal position on this topic, I believe climate change is man influenced. I don’t really know what it is, I know a general idea, but at this moment I wouldn’t know how to argue it. Everything that came up when I googled man influenced climate change was saying that it is true. “Why 100% of scientists think climate change is man influenced” and “10 ways we know man influences climate change” and many more like that. A lot of websites say things like this “The Earth’s climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 650,000 years, there have been seven cycles of glacial advance and retreat, with the abrupt end of the last ice age about 11,700 years ago marking the beginning of the modern climate era — and of human civilization. Most of these climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit that changing the amount of solar energy our planet receives”. I know that climate change is man influenced so basically I can’t debate on facts because scientists have proven its man influenced. I think I will go more on the side that it is not only man influenced. I am going to talk about the ice age because hot did human influence that when we weren’t even there. Also, I can go on the fact that everything is way out of our knowledge. We don’t even know how we got here for sure let alone what we do to the earth. The world could’ve had climate change with us here or not. The ethical issues are how to balance the rights and responsibilities of the developed and developing world; how to evaluate geoengineering schemes designed to reverse or slow climate change; and how to assess our responsibility to future generations who must live with a climate we are shaping today. Also, the emotions involved in this are anger and worry. A lot of young people are worried about the rest of their life and their kids, but mostly they are angry because older people seem to not care so much or they overlook the young people because they are young.