Reading Log 1

The book I am reading is called this is where it ends. My book is about a school shooting all talking place within 54 minutes. I choose this book based off of the title and the font the title is in on the cover. Everyone says you should judge a book by its cover, but sometimes that is how you get the best understanding. I found it very interesting how the title was all in lower case letters and looked like something a teacher would write on the chalkboard. Also the sentence “Everyone has a reason to fear the boy with the gun” really makes you want to know what the book is about.

The other reason I picked the book was from reading the back. The back of the book isn’t your normal authors summary to try and you get you to read the book. On the back of this is where it endsĀ there is a timeline of 5 minutes. It was very interesting that the whole story took place in 54 minutes, but the main action takes just 5 minutes to start. The book is set from 10:01 am -11:59 am in a high school in Alabama, the shooting takes place in the auditorium.

After reading the first chapter, I really enjoy the format of the book. The book starts at 10:01 am and is put into 4 different students’ perspectives: Claire, Tomas, Autumn, and Sylv. Also, the book reaches out to teen readers but putting in a section of the student’s social media posts, at the end of every chapter. This way you know the main four characters’ points of view as well as what everyone is saying about it. Right now, I like 3 out of the 4 main characters. I don’t like Claire, she seems to me to be the type who thinks everyone likes her.