Good Job Mr. McGerry.

The  Dodo’s conundrum was a good poem, and I enjoyed it. I think the reason I enjoyed it was because it was a good mix between straight forward, but there is also a good amount of hidden meaning. I believe that the theme of this poem is that you cannot have complete control of your life. I’m not one for confusing poems, like for example I hate The Raven. However, The Dodo’s Conundrum hits that sweet spot where the poem is simple, but yet also has depth. I didn’t feel like I had any questions in regards to the poem, once I was able to grasp its meaning. The Sound and Sense questions were not a pain in my ass to do, like they are with most poems, because of me being able to get a firm grasp on the poem. In El Dorado, the range of interpretation is so broad, that it makes finding the poem’s meaning confusing. I thought that writing poetry would give me a better understanding of poetry but I don’t think it did. I believe that me being able to understand The Dodo’s Conundrum and not being able to understand El Dorado is just a big coincidence. However, I think my analyzing skills have improved as a result of writing my own poems. As I said before, I was able to pick out the key points of The Dodo’s Conundrum fairly easily. To be honest, this poetry wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I actually liked The Cremation of Sam McGee, and enjoyed working with it, and that’s something that has never happened before. Good job Mr. McGerry.