Movie Blog

Image result for citizen kane gate

This was a good film and I liked it because of that. It had a lot of good parts throughout it and with Mr. McGarry explaining it parts that wouldn’t have made sense, actually made sense.  One of the good parts was the early life, I found this interesting because it showed what the story was going to be without actually giving away what the whole story was about. It was also sort of weird because he was saying how with his family was the last time that “I was loved”.  It showed what they were trying to figure out over the whole film. In general I liked the whole thing, I liked how they filmed a lot of it and there were a lot of good parts because of that. Since I liked it, I really didn’t see much bad in the movie. It was a well made movie for its time, and that it couldn’t have been made much better for when it was made.  But one or to things for the bad, was the ending, because it was a dead ending. With that it left me a little bit confused. The way that the character acted at times and some of the decisions that he made didn’t make sense. The only ugly that I really saw that was how Kane treated his friends, and at some parts of the film where it was made to make you cringe.

Taking things away from the film, the theme is about how it is important to have friends and family and how money can not replace them. His final word towards rosebud because it was the last time he felt loved, even when he was one of the richest men in the world was when he was sledding at his house, before they took him away.  Then Charles can’t accept people for who they are and has to make them to fit better with him. He also isn’t happy because no one loves him. He never achieved his quest for happiness because he could never work with those who would have helped him because everything had to be his way.