Blog 21: The Town Disillusionment Poem of a Love How at 10 o’ Clock

Source: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/surprised-pikachu

The theme of the “love poem” poem seems to be that there is or was a class disparity in society that is leaving members of society feeling inferior to the higher echelons and leaves them conforming to their societal status. The disillusionment poems theme is that there is a standard of conformity in society, and how it ostracizes people. The how town poems theme was that everyone leads a similar life, and you should be the one to break that mold. The love poem develops its theme through a disguise that slowly drips the truth and theme through it until the reader has unknowingly transferred into an actual character and not an idea. The disillusionment poem develops its theme by also disguising itself as a standard creepy poem until it more obviously transfers it into its message about society. The how town poem develops its theme obviously straight off the bat. There is little to no disguising or deceiving as it gets straight to work. The only difficulty this presents is that the theme is spread out among more of the poem and it can seem detached at points. These poems are all fairly obviously connected through the negative messages about society and conformity in general. I feel the disillusionment poem is the most prevalent in our society today for two reasons. The first poem discussing how class disparity in society causes malicious and unwilling conformity, though it is not as prevalent today as it was in the past. As a result, I ruled out the love poem. The how town poem was addressing how everyone leads a similar life, though I also feel this is not as prevalent as counter culture and independence is very popular in modern times. As a result, I ruled out the how town poem. Then I looked at the disillusionment poem and realized that bullying still exists today, and it causes people to feel ostracized for not conforming. This is the exact message of the disillusionment poem so, as a result, I feel it is the most prevalent message/poem in society today. The poem I hate the least is also the disillusionment poem, as it was simple and did not obstruct its message with difficult disguise or confusing imagery. It was also short, so its message wasn’t fragmented as you read the poem. Since it was the simplest and most straightforward, the disillusionment poem was the one I hated the least. Overall I was not a huge fan of the three poems, and I am likely even worse at analyzing them. I do feel the messages they convey (misinterpreted or not) are still relevant in society today.