Blog 11: A Lack of Morality and Good Internet

Source: https://www.domestika.org/en/projects/4054-human-imperfection

Well, this experiment was not incredibly enlightening. I am painfully aware of my own flaws and my inability to fix them. This is typical because I am a procrastinator, and fixing human flaws doesn’t have a due date. The virtue I did the worst on was industry. I am going to be completely honest here and say that I waited until Monday to even start recording my virtues, and even then, the data is lacking. On top of that I am “not finished yet” with my first book, so for every day I didn’t read it, even though I told myself I would, that was another dot. Being a procrastinator is good but bad and bad but good. It is great short term relaxation but immense long term stress. It’s like being trapped in a body of boredom and disconnection while I am screaming at myself in my mind to do something productive. My second worst and most notable failure is order. Like industry, I have short bursts of productivity and organization, but they are short lived. For some reason no matter how hard I try to keep myself organized I just don’t, and it’s all because I am flawed. In other words, I am lazy, and I have no one to blame but myself. My best virtue was chasity, for obvious reasons (you laugh here). My second best virtue was humility. While I am technically breaking humility by stating this, I find it hard to brag about myself without feeling like an *******. So I don’t say anything openly about thinking I am better than others, but there are definitely thoughts, whether they are morally right or wrong. But I am not counting thoughts because they do not affect others or their perception of you, and society is what determines morality. As for other thoings such as temperance and tranquility. These aren’t normally violated by me but lately there have been several back to back tech events. As a result I have been “over indulging” in food, but this is typical. I stress eat all the time. Tranquility is a different story, as when I am under pressure I usually do good, but I can lose my tolerance for any interruption or humor. In other words I can overreact often when it comes to doing things under pressure. While I am disappointed that these are parts of my character, it is human nature. I can try all I want to make these better, but they will never truely cease. Everyone will forever be morally imperfect in the eyes of others because of the very moral imperfection we have within us.

P.S. Another painful 30 minutes of attempting to get my fragile internet to exist in our dimension once again to post this blog.