Preparing for this terribly awful debate has been one of the worst things I have ever done. I thoroughly disliked it to the point where I wanted to throw my surface pro out the window. Why is there so much arguing in the world? Why can’t we get along and just agree on stuff. People just love to oppose each other and try to prove the other person wrong to make themselves feel better. I understand that we argue to solve problems and I’m just ranting about how much i didn’t like doing this whole debate business. I do believe in my heart and soul that I prepared a terrible argument and that it never would have worked. Granted I wasn’t debating an easy topic. Finding content that is in support of the wall is about as easy as murdering Wolverine with a wooden stick dipped in honey. So the way I would have argued would have been a lot of stuttering and a lot of awkward pauses so I could give myself a little bit of time to figure out what I want to say even though I already wrote it out on a screen. It would have been the biggest mess and I was bound for failure with the debate but luckily it didn’t happen.

So at the beginning of the unit I was immediately dreading debating and the very idea of looking at someone and sharing my opinion a long with facts and statistics supporting it. I say again there weren’t many. I can’t say that I think different about the debate. I hated it in the beginning and I hate it now. I’m glad it’s over and I’m glad we have moved on to something interesting. If you aren’t interested in something it makes it so much more difficult to get invested in it and do well in it. Developing this persuasive speech has been incredibly difficult . On the other hand if I had gotten con border wall developing this persuasive speech would have been incredibly easy but you have to make do with what you got and I think I successfully did that in the end.

Image result for person in pain

Picture from: https://www.medicaldaily.com/pain-relief-solutions-may-be-written-dna-those-who-dont-feel-thing-335246