iMom

pic from: https://www.filminquiry.com/imom-short-review/

My thoughts on the short story “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County” were initially all over the place. When I started reading it at home I was confused at the writing style in the beginning and was not really sure what was going on. As I kept reading I got to understanding. After reading it at home I thought I knew what it was about and what had happened. When I got to school the next day and we began talking about it in class I realized I did not quite understand it as well as I thought I did. I took the story way to literally. The point Twain was trying to make was not to judge people to quickly because of how often people do. Overall I think Twain has an interesting writing style and his use of satire and humor really made the story stand out amongst others. Before starting to read “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” I anticipate it to have an interesting plot but may be difficult to understand. I might have trouble understanding when I first start reading but hopefully as I continue reading I will get used to the writing style and be able to understand it well. I was not in class to watch the short film iMom but I looked it up and watched it myself because I was curious to find out what it was about. I found this short film very weird and kind of creepy. At the very end when the camera zoomed into the crib where the baby was supposed to be and it was the chicken instead I was so creeped out and disgusted. This film just goes to show that we should not rely on technology to much because it could end up really bad and taking over. The satire in the film was making fun of mothers that do not want to take care of there kids, which is unfortunately very accurate to to modern mothers. My favorite part of the film were the parents that wanted to go out to clubs and party every night. I found that kind of funny but also really messed up.

0 comments on “iMomAdd yours →