Humor

pic from: http://thinkingmeme.com/best-19-mark-twain-quotes/best-19-mark-twain-quotes-5/

My experience with satire is probably started when I was young. I probably had no idea that it was even happening or got what it was trying to make fun of but I have definitely been exposed to it a lot. A prime example of being exposed to satire but not realizing is when you watch the Lorax. For our table discussion Sages video was a clip of the beginning of the Lorax. In the clip it shows that the town has to buy air and that there trees light up and the other plants have to be blown up because they are fake. This saying that this is going to be what the world could possibly come to if we do not take care of it. Now that I have an idea of what satire is I can definitely pick it out in other shows. I think of it as something that uses humor to make fun of real world situations. My favorite type of humor is probably self- deprecating humor. This would probably be my favorite because my friends and I are always making fun of each other or they are making fun of them selves and I just find that super funny. Another type of humor I am exposed to a lot is juvenile humor. This includes toilet humor and gags that that are based on and appeal to a silly sense of immaturity. This often happens at school because of the amount of immature people. An example of the type of humor I like would be most memes I find on twitter. Most of them are people that are making fun of themselves or making fun of other people. Sometimes I may relate to and them and then can make fun of myself for it too. Before researching Mark Twain the only thing I knew was that he wrote some books. When researching the first thing that came up was that his real name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens. His stories are most famous for their humor, vivid details, and memorable characters. he wrote two major classics of American literature: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

0 comments on “HumorAdd yours →