pic from: https://premierpond.com/cost-of-md-koi-pond/

After reading about Thoreau’s thoughts and Emerson’s I can tell they had some very similar thoughts about nature and the way you should live your life. They both really emphasized how important nature is and should be in your life and also what it can provide for you. The first portion of the excerpt “Where I Lived and What I Lived For” was about how well he knew the land and his disconnect with society making him want to move out into nature to live a more simple life. In the conclusion I think his main point is trying to express to us everything he has learned about himself and the world from being alone. I think he wants us take into account what he has learned and apply it to our lives and not follow the traditional path, but to create a new one. I think there would be quite a few benefits to leaving society behind and going to live in the woods. I do understand where Emerson was coming from but I think if I were to do it my reasons for doing it would be slightly different. I think I would only do it if I was having a really rough time in life and needed some time to figure out what to do. I think I would be able to go into the woods and the peacefulness of being alone would help me sit back and really look at my life and consider everything and all that I have and how lucky I am to have it. although it might be life changing there is so much I would miss. I would miss my bed, my home that has heat, all the food I have easy access to, clean cold water, my family, my friends, and my dog. To be honest I might even miss school. I might be able to do it for like 2 days but that is definitely all because I have no outdoor skills and I would not be able to survive in the conditions whether it was really hot or really cold. I think we should take away from this that sometimes we over complicate things and it would be better to live a simple life and be thankful for everything that you have.

0 comments on “Blog 15Add yours →