The Love Blog of a pretty Disillusioned town

The theme in “The Love Song of Alfred Prufrock” is lack of self esteem and what people, specifically women think of him. He’s basically making fun of himself the whole time and thinks he’s going to be alone forever. How the theme is built in this poem is when he says, ” No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was I meant to be;/ Almost, at times, the Fool.” He’s basically saying if his life was the play Hamlet, his character would be the fool. That just tells you that he has no self esteem for himself. The theme of “Disillusionment of 10 o’ clock” is society being all the same, but not accepting the one person who is different because he’s not bland or boring like the rest of them. This poem develops it’s theme by talking about haunted houses and white nightgowns. The theme in the poem “anyone lived in a pretty how town” is death, but for now everything is just a fantasy. How the theme is developed in this poem is when he says, “all by all and deep by deep/ and more by more they dream their dream/ noone and anyone earth by april/ wish by spirit and if by yes.” The poem that I find most applicable to society today is “Disillusionment of 10 o’ clock” because people in society all do the same thing like go to school or work everyday. They do the same routine everyday. If they see someone doing something different they bash them for it and don’t think it’s acceptable in their society for that person to be different then them. I honestly didn’t like any of them because they were all confusing, but the one I could tolerate the slightest bit was “anyone living in a pretty how town.” I liked this one a little bit because if you read it the right way it flows nicely and smoothly. Also, finding out that anyone and noone are considered people was kind of interesting to me.