Frogs, Finn, and iMom

My thoughts on the short story, ” The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County” and the way it was written was that I had no idea what was going on. I was so confused and the way it was written is kind of irritating because it makes you want to say the right word, but you can’t because you have to read it the way it is. The story itself was ehh, I didn’t find it really interesting in my opinion. The use of humor and satire was when Simon Wheeler made the narrator sit and listen to a story about unrealistic stuff to waste his time. The point the story was trying to make is to not judge a book by its cover because the narrator judged Simon Wheeler when he walked into the bar. I feel like “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” is going to be like the other short story and just hard to read. The only thing that I learned about this story is that it’s kind of like a sequel to “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer” and that Mark Twain wrote it. I think my perspective on the story will probably not be any different than it is now on the story. I feel like if we discuss the chapters that we have to read in class, I will be able to understand it more than I already do. My thoughts on the short film “iMom” had a little effect on me, but not a big one. For other people I think it will be an real eye opener for them and make them realize what this Earth has turned into over the past couple of years. What was being satirized in “iMom” was different kinds of parenting and also how a lot of people rely on technology for a lot of things. My reaction to the presentation and commentary it was making was kind of shocked because it showed that not even robots are perfect. That’s also because humans created them and we human beings can’t make anything perfect because nothing is perfect no matter how hard we try to make something that way.