Vertigo

Vertigo was a good movie, but I was so confused and it kinda made me not appeal to it. Like I never want to watch it ever again in my life. I was fine with watching the film in the beginning because that’s when the movie didn’t ruin anything, until Judy had her flashback about what really happened. That part made me confused and irritated because I barely knew how to comprehend all of it because it all happened so quick. My initial thoughts of Vertigo were that it was just going to be another one of those movies that try to mess with your head. I also thought that it was going to be boring and be really stupid and I was just going to be wasting my time watching it. I’m not gonna lie it was worth watching, but I never want to see it again because it made me extremely dumbfounded. My initial impression of the movie was that everything was going to be spinning and people were going to be passing out from it. I also thought the vertigo affect was going to be worse, but that honestly didn’t even make me feel like I was spinning with the character. What I liked about the film was how caring Midge was for Scotty even though he didn’t love her at all. She still stuck by him even when he was in love with another woman and just went with it kind of. There are many things that I didn’t like about Vertigo, but the one thing that irritated me the most was how unrealistic the falling body looked in the film. Even if it’s an already dead body, the arms and legs would still be flapping all over until it hit where it’s supposed too. I also didn’t like the ending of the movie because it wasn’t extremely different from what I was thinking, it’s just the fact that Gavin basically got away with murder and Scotty had to go through that traumatic event for the second time in his life. One change that I would definitely make for a modern audience is making the first fall more realistic other than it looking like a doll was thrown off a building. Another thing that I would change is how they dress and make it more modern of how people dress today.