End of Argument

My thoughts have changed about how to construct an argument by the end of this unit. The reason why we argue is to prove that we are right about a certain topic or because we disagree with something. You should are when you disagree with something or trying to get your point across on why you are right. When arguing, you shouldn’t scream at each other, you should let one person get their point across at a time and then come to an agreement at the end. The way I argue is to get my point across to the other person and tell them my opinion on a situation. The way some of the people I’m around construct arguments is they don’t actually. They usually say whatever to try to hurt the other person so they can win the argument. Some adults give out good points why their right and some of them try to tell you why you’re wrong. To develop a valid argument you have to use logical statements and you should put emotional statements in there too because it could affect how the other person feels. My thoughts have changed a lot from the start of the topic to now. I just thought arguments were people just saying petty things until they got there point across or until the other person just gave up and agreed with them. What has changed is how to construct an argument, I can get the point across by telling my main point and then adding logic to it. My experience with developing a persuasive speech was pretty difficult. There was a lot of work and research that had to be put into it. I wanted to get my point across, but without sounding dumb or like I didn’t know what I was talking about. The hardest part was trying to do the constructive since it had to be a certain amount of time to say it so if you talked fast, you had to type more out so that you could at least reach the time limit. It was also hard when I didn’t agree with my topic because I had to pretend like I cared about the drinking age being lowered, when I really thought it should stay the same.