Changes

Well it’s officially 2019 and there are still so many problems with the world. There are many issues but one that is relevant right now is Trumps wall. Some people believe that the wall is a good thing and will keep drug dealers and illegal immigrants out of the U.S. People that are pro wall are even going to extremes of donating money to a go fund me to try to make the wall happen. Donald Trump thinks that he is going to make Mexico pay for the wall, but I am not so sure that’s going to happen. I’m personally on the side against the wall because its very expensive and unnecessary. If people have concerns with the border there are ways to secure it without building a gaudy wall. There is also the problem of all of the places the wall would destroy if it was built. Is sacrificing the environment worth building a silly wall to prove America’s power? My school year has gone pretty good so far, but my grade aren’t as good as they were last year. I think this is because my classes are more challenging, but my parents think I am not trying as hard. I literally try so hard though I woke up at 7am to write this blog on vacation! I will admit that I watch an excessive amount of Netflix which may get in the way of me having a good nights sleep. My goal for the new year will be to watch less TV and read more. I am going to start with my goal of reading a new book a month and also making sure it’s a book outside of my usual genres. I read “The Secret Life of Bees” for AR and I absolutely loved it. Watching less TV will be hard because its so easy to just put it on the background at night because you don’t have to think about it. Another thing I need to improve is my SAT score. I will sign up for it plan to study and then all of a sudden it’s the night before and I have done nothing. Hopefully the new year motivates me to improve my life.