Satire

I have a lot of experience with satire and humor in my life. Personally, I like to joke about everything whether that’s through sarcasm or something else. If anyone knows me, they know I’m a very sarcastic person and I like to use humor a lot in a conversation. I never realized it before, but I actually experience a lot of satire on social media especially. Scrolling through, if I see something with satire I never really pay attention to what is actually being portrayed and most of the time I’m just laughing along with everyone else. My favorite type of humor is affiliative humor because it involves telling jokes about things that everyone might find funny.  The goal is to use humor to bring people together and to find the humor in everyday life. I don’t think I’ve gone through one day without sending a funny video or picture to a friend or just sitting there laughing about it together. I feel like this type of humor is just the best because everyone, well at least most people if they have a soul, will find some humor in it and if they don’t, well, they just aren’t the friends for you. I think that’s something I also enjoy about humor is that with my friend group, to us, we find everything funny so humor is a big part of our relationship. I also really like the scene in The Office when they’re given a card to put on their forehead and they have to treat each other like that card and I was going to use it as my example when I read the assignment, but we used it in class so I had to dig deep for something else. It doesn’t seem like it’d be hard to find something, but for me, I feel like since I see it on a daily basis it’s hard to think of one show or one instance where I’ve seen it used, so I just picked a classic Trump joke, so I hope that works. To be honest with you, I know absolutely nothing about Mark Twain. I’ve heard of the guy and I’m sure I’ve learned about him, but it doesn’t really ring a bell. One interesting thing I found out about him was that he dropped out in fifth grade. It’s kind of crazy to think that someone can be successful with only a fifth-grade education, but I’m not one to judge.