Kenzie's Blog

my site site site site site site site

The themes of the three works we read in class includes society and being a social outcast. In “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”, the theme is shown through a man who is too insecure to feel like he has a chance with the girl he wants. He’s too scared to talk with her because he doesn’t feel like he fits in with the rich society. In “Disillusionment of 10 o’clock”, the theme is shown through the dreams people have. It shows how everyone lives normally and dresses normally and conforms to society and they all have boring dreams, but the man who is a social outcast and may be looked down upon by society, has wild and interesting dreams. In “anyone lived in a pretty how town”, the theme of the circle of life is shown through the characters “anyone ” and “noone” being any man and any woman, as they move through life in love. These poems are connected because they all show something everyone experiences in life like not feeling like you fit in, conformity vs individuality, and the circle of life (of course). I think the one that is most applicable to today’s society is “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”. I think we all go through something like the main character. At some point, we all think we’re not good enough or like we don’t belong and it hold us back. It stops us from going after what we want because we don’t think we deserve it and I think a lot of people tend to do that. I really liked the first poem (even though it was long), because it was really easy to connect with the main person and I kind of felt bad for him. Whenever you see someone putting themselves down like that, you want to reassure them and make them feel better but the truth is we all tend to do it and sometimes we don’t even recognize it. Like what’s stopping us but ourselves. I also really like “Disillusionment of 10 o’clock”. It was short and cute but it had a good meaning. It was like something I would read to my kids.

from sites.google.com

20mfisher • May 16, 2019

Previous Post