Depressing relatable poetry

All of the poems are comments on society and people’s way of life. anyone who lived in a pretty how town comments on the American way of life and the “cycle” that every “pretty how town” goes through. In a way, this is why they are pretty forgettable. People don’t stop and notice spectacular things as they get older because they become just like everyone else. Disillusionment at 10 o’clock  is about not conforming and how we choose to be just like everyone else even when no one is watching. This way of life that we unconsciously or consciously live makes us become boring and lose our creativity. We struggle to have our own thoughts because we don’t let ourselves be ourselves. The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock is a melancholy ode to something that is so relatable to so many people. Trying to gain the confidence to talk to someone you like or really anyone you want to befriend is so hard when there seems to be a social barrier you have to get across. There are always so many unspoken rules and inside agendas that it feels impossible to even open your mouth around that person. Sometimes I feel like rejection is the worst emotion that humans can feel. It hurts a lot and it hurts the most when it’s from something you really care about. That’s why it is so relatable when the poem states, “That is not what I meant at all. That is not it, at all.”That is what our greatest fear is hearing those words in one form or another. We want so dearly to be accepted but it feels almost impossible. This poem was the most relatable to me because I feel like I go through these emotions a lot because I am terrible at reading people but also I want to be accepted. I pretend that I don’t care but I do. The poem itself put to words emotions that I feel like I can never convey. It made me sad but relieved at the same time to hear something so relatable from someone so long ago and realize yet again that I am truly not alone in my feelings. Disillusionment at 10 o’clock relates most to our society though because of our immense conformity.