Vertigo

Just by reading the title, I wouldn’t think it was anything more than a movie about someone being dizzy, but in reality the vertigo in the story isn’t even a big player.  I really think deep down I like the movie just because there are so many plot twists you don’t see coming because in today’s movies you always know what is going to happen, but at the same time, I do not like what actually happens during the twists.  I personally think that if this were to be remade with better acting and graphics it would be amazing.  One of the bigger things I don’t like with this movie is that the acting does not seem real at all.  You can definitely tell that they are acting, and not set in the scene.  I do like the plot itself though.  I don’t think I’ve ever watched a movie similar to this, making Vertigo refreshing for viewers because it’s not something people just automatically know the ending to.  One thing I would definitely change for a modern crowd is the use of graphics for when Scotty has his mental break.  It’s too much and too flashy to the point where I didn’t even know what was going on, and someone had to tell me.  I also think making the dialogue easier to follow would help keep the audience focused because there were points where I just lost focus and didn’t understand what the cast was getting at.  I am not finished with the movie, but right now things are starting to heat up.  I could not imagine how much of a hit this film would be if it became modernized, but with an almost identical setup for characters and their personalities.  All this film needs is a couple little additions for it to be fantastic for modern viewers.  Yes, it would end up being a good movie but, I personally do not think I would like it just because of the plot twists and what happens during the film.  If it makes any sense, I like the idea of the movie, I would just rather not have to go through that emotional roller coaster the viewer has to go through.