No more poetry…..hopefully

My first impression of “The Dodo’s Conundrum” was confused. I couldn’t really make sense of what the poem was trying to talk about and how I was going t understand the theme. Which I think I have found as about going through life trying to find happiness but not being able to understand why you can’t find it. Other questions I have about the work? Pretty much all of it, Ha ha. ‘m still confused and unable to figure out certain aspects of the poem. I guess I kinda have my own Dodo’s Conundrum. The questions in this Sound and Sense compared to the ones for “Eldorado” were easier but still kinda hard to find certain aspects.  It was easier to find the theme, by like a teeny tiny bit, but never the less found it. And it also took the entire table of the 4 of us to find it as well. Finding parts of the poem like symbols and allusion (if there was any) and most of those parts. Writing poetry affected the way I read the poem a little bit. It was easier to guess what the theme was, yes guess, and maybe some other parts of the poem but most of it is still confusing. I’m still confused on Under and Overstatements and paradox and irony. Truthfully I don’t think poetry writing helped me interpret the Dodo’s Conundrum effectively. And I also don’t think that writing poetry and dissecting poetry are not anywhere near my strong suit.

Now I need to rant about my weekend. I worked until 9 Friday night and worked both Saturday and Sunday from 12 to 4. Saturday after work I had to go to a Christmas party with my girlfriend that I didn’t really want to go to. And to top it off she kept going from happy and talkative and then someone would say one wrong word (usually me) and BOOM she would shut up and would be miserable. Then Sunday after work I was forced to go to the Fire Hall for some minor training because I wanted to stay home and relax while playing a new story on Batman: Arkham Knight but my dad wouldn’t let me because it would be an “educational experience”