Blog about Love?

Image result for prufrock

Picture by: https://www.google.com/search?q=prufrock&safe=strict&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS805US805&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1laSx-57iAhVGh-AKHe60DUUQ_AUIECgD&biw=1440&bih=818&dpr=1.5#imgrc=ReWBdLNhgnb0hM:

The theme of the poem The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock¬†is not being able to fit into society. Throughout this poem, it was very dark and sad. As you kept reading the poem I realized that he was sitting outside of a party with high-class people and he wanted to talk to a girl, but he felt like he was not good enough. The next poem I read was “Disillusionment at 10 o’clock”. The theme of this poem was the idea that the only people that are really living and experiencing life are the ones that do not follow the rules of society. In this poem, it talks about how there are people that have the same dreams and are wearing the same basic clothes to bed, but then they look down upon the man who is drunk and dreaming about something crazy. This shows the theme of this poem. The third poem that I read was “anyone lived in a pretty how town”. The theme of this poem was how everyone in society just lives their life and goes on with it and eventually we all die and that’s just that. All three of these poems have one thing in common with their theme and it is that they all have to do with society. Each and every one of these deals with impressions other people or yourself have on society. Whether it is what Prufrock wrote in his poem about not feeling good enough in society or the idea that no one is living a full life and that we all just go and die. The one I find most applicable to our society today is Prufrock’s poem. I think the idea that people are too worried about not fitting in and thinking they aren’t good enough is very accurate. In society today people can dress a certain way, and drive a style of car that we have made more desirable than most, which gives the impression to people that they have money or are better off. At the end of the day it does not matter what you do, its what you think of yourself not how you look. My favorite poem was Prufrock’s because I felt that it was the most accurate and easy to understand.