Finally done :)

Image result for end of marking period memes

Picture by: https://memegenerator.net/instance/58080660/yo-dawg-students-never-care-about-their-grade-until-the-end-of-the-marking-period-and-im-just-over-h

The second book I chose to read for independent reading was Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han. My overall reaction to this book was good. I really liked it. It was a very easy read, but I also was emotionally connected to it. I was very attached to the characters. Since it was the third book to the All The Boys I’ve Loved Before series I have known the characters and how they act so it made the book even better. I went into this book expecting for me to like it and I was completely satisfied. I would completely recommend this book to anyone, as long as you like romantics then you will love this book. It is a bit cheesy at times but I can’t deny that it is still good. It is also good if you want a feel-good book. It isn’t a depressing book in any way. Honestly, the only thing that I did not like was the ending. It ended in a very good way, but it stopped so abruptly. The main characters Lara Jean and Peter got into a pretty bad fight. They essentially broke up but it all happened so fast. All of a sudden they made up and were together again. The only problem is that they did not solve any of their main problems. The book ended with them getting ready to go to college, but since they did not solve their problems I don’t think they are going to work out even though it seems like they will. I would have rathered the book ends with them in college and how things were going or a flashback to after college to see if they were together or not. It just ended so abruptly that it seemed like the ending was forced, and it made it less realistic. Besides that, I really liked the book. My favorite character in the third book is Lara Jean. She is the main character. I love her personality. She is smart, confident, and doesn’t care what people think about her. Even though she dates one of the most popular boys in school, she stays true to herself. She doesn’t change who she is to fit the role of what most people would think she should be because she dates Peter. My least favorite character is Margot. She is Lara Jean’s older sister. Throughout this book, she acts like a stuck up brat. There are a few times that I like her but most of the time she is very irritating. She does not like that her dad is remarrying and she causes problems in their family dynamic which makes things very awkward. While I was reading this book I noticed a lot of similarities to the events that occurred in the book and things that happen here at Bloomsburg. One example is that Lara Jean and Peter want to go to the same college. They both plan their futures based on them being together in college. As dumb as this is, kids in high school do it all the time. They make their decision based on their girlfriend or boyfriend and then when things do not work out as planned it goes very bad. That is essentially what happened in this book. Luckily, it all worked out but that does not typically happen in real life. Another thing I that they did in the book was after they graduated they went to the beach for a week with all their friends. They called it Beach Week instead of Senior Week but it is the same thing as what most high school kids do now. I thought it was funny when I read it because it was so similar to how high school is for us. Overall I really liked this book, and am so glad that I read this series for Independent Reading.