Satire Blog

My experience with satire and humor is small, but I have experienced it. Me and my friends indirectly reference each other to insult each other. That sounds negative, but it isn’t as bad as it sounds. There’s always situations when people say things, but are too scared to directly reference the person, and that is a form of satire. For example, when someone says “well at least  Also, I have seen shows and interviews that indirectly insult famous people or non famous groups of people in general. I personally enjoy offensive humor the most even if that isn’t too good. The humor has to affect you or it isn’t even funny. I hate memes and I do not think they are funny at all. Insulting humor is definitely the best of all time. I was looking for an example of offensive humor, but every video on you tube for offensive humor is blocked, and the photos are not funny. Also, I don’t know if the offensive humor would be appropriate. I think it is pretty self explanatory as to what it is. Satire seems to be an indirectly used topic and seems like it is used a lot more than we realize. I had no idea what it was until we learned about it, like I did not know what the name for this idea would be. I have no idea who Mark Twain is, he sounds a little familiar but I don’t know. I guess he wrote “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn”, although I do not know what that is either. Mark Twain or, Samuel Langerhans Clemens, dropped out of school in fifth grade. That is kind of shocking because he did not have a grand amount of knowledge, but still managed to become a successful writer. It is hard to be successful with no general knowledge of things like literature. Mark Twain was also a steamboat pilot with a great salary. The outbreak of the Civil War ended his career in 1861 because it brought a halt to all civilian traffic. Hence, Mark Twain seems interesting, and satire is a strong element.