It’s finally over!

I am so glad our poetry unit is finally coming to an end. My perception of poetry has not changed at all, it is still complicated and stressful. I don’t wanna look or read poetry anymore, unless it is something I can tolerate. The writing part of it made me hate poetry even more, that was so much harder than I thought it would be. One was difficult, two was torture. It was a lot easier to rhyme and use bigger words in the second poem then the first, but still pretty hard. The first poem was a mess though, I was clueless and was at loss for words literally. I guess the second was better than the first, but not a big difference. I did pick up how to break a poem down though and it gives me the smallest bit of understanding with poetry. Also, now I know about unstressed and stressed syllables. I chose one of the easiest things I could think of for my second poem, and something upcoming. I wrote a poem about Christmas time because its basic and overall, Christmas is my favorite holiday and a very happy time. My poem kind of sucks, so I could help people understand it with pictures and such. Providing pictures helps give a deeper meaning to my poem so readers know what to picture, like Christmas trees and snow. Also, pictures are like a break from the words in any form of writing and who doesn’t like pretty pictures? My poem is pretty straightforward so the pictures are of course not necessary. Overall, I think maybe I’ll like poetry when I grow up or something, but I have no idea. I am so glad I will no longer be getting headaches from trying to rhyme words together, amazing.