Poetry still sucks

Poetry is not my strong suit and will probably never be my strong suit. The idea of poetry confuses me and I do not understand it 3/4 of the time. The only poetry l really understand is the kind l relate to, but that is it. I view poetry as a way to partially relieve stress and fit your feelings in to a couple of sentences. Talking about my feelings makes it easier for me to write poetry, but I tend to keep my feelings to myself.  I have tried to write a poem like once and gave up very quickly.,Clearly I have more knowledge about poetry than I did before we learned about it, and can write a poem. Although, the poem will suck it would still be a poem. I know that l have to learn poetry no matter what so I am trying my best. One of the poems we read ,”Eldorado”, was not terrible but not good either. Personally, I didn’t find it exciting but it was fun to pick out the deep meanings in the poem and their relations. By the end of the poem, once we reviewed it, it made more sense. I thought the form and rhythm was good, along with his diction. It brought understanding to the story. For our poetry assignment I chose to write about winter and the end of the year because it was the easiest thing l could think of, just being honest. Also, I really like Winter in general, how it looks, the snow, etc. I have a lot of work to do though, it is missing things it shouldn’t be. I guess it is a good thing though that I know it needs improvements. I did try my best to rhyme my words, not that it is the best, but they rhyme. I am going to go through and change some words and add more literary devices as well. I hope that I will soon enough appreciate poetry a little bit more, so then I can enjoy myself while reading it. That would be a miracle in all honesty.