Independent Reading Blog

My book choice for this quarter was random if were being honest. I chose “A Good Idea” by Cristina Moracho. I have only read about 1/3 of the book, but I think it was a good choice. The novel is kind of sad, but creates more emotion. Stories, movies, and television shows that create strong emotion really draw me in. I believe being able to connect to something is a lot better than not. A character in the story who I appreciate is Serena. She has only popped in to the story once so far, but she did something great. The girl who died in the book was not announced at her graduation. This irritated Serena and she went up on the stage and begged for them to at least acknowledge her friend who she had lost. It was a strong gesture, and she fought for her. Personally, there isn’t many situations to relate to one hundred percent. Although, some of the ideas I can relate myself to in a way. The main character “Finley” lost someone she cared about, and it made her devastated. She didn’t know how to handle it or what to do. I have lost close family and I understand what that feels like. Also, animals I have lost, I have also reacted that way. People grow emotional attachments to their pets so it’s expected. Losing someone can change you, and the way you look at things. In the story, it was death, but even losing someone as a friend is devastating, and sometimes hurts pretty badly too. The story is kind of devastating itself, yet I think thing will turn around. The murderer will be disciplined for what he has done, and stop walking around like he is innocent. I don’t think he is innocent as of right now, but no one knows yet. Finley, the main character will move on with her life while remembering her friend who they believe passed, while attending NYU and making new friends. Owen, Finley’s friend, will keep in touch and stay in their hometown. Lastly, there hasn’t been much information yet, but once there’s more, i’ll have a better opinion.