Cyberhick

There are little connections between the works of Twain and the short film iMom aside from their satirical intentions.

I merged them in your head just so you could laugh. You’re welcome.

When I first read the Jumping Frog, I dismissed it as unremarkable. A man is looking for the whereabouts of someone else, hears about some rural legend, and moves on without knowing anything more. When you explained to the class the true genius of how Simon completely misguided the narrator, following up on his friend’s setup almost telepathically, I was able to appreciate the quality in the writing at last. That’s how it always seems to go.

You give us some work of literature which I read, and usually don’t think much of. I never in a million years would have perceived the intentions of the work as the writer intended, instead coming up with logically sound yet immediately discarded interpretations of whatever I just read. It makes me feel odd because this doesn’t appear to happen to most of the class. It would also to unfair to dismiss myself as either smarter or stupider than the intentions of the authors. I suppose that I truly just think differently than most people, being misguided, distracted, or misunderstanding at every turn. I don’t really know what that says about me, but I know I’m probably not normal on a lot of levels.

I already read Huck Finn once before, so, like rereading anything, I expect to remember some details, and also be surprised by ones I either missed or forgot. Like the rest of what we read in class, I also expect to have facets of the story brought to my attention by you which I misinterpreted. Thanks for pointing stuff out, or I’d be in the dark with these highly regarded 1800s writers.

iMom was well done as an accurate social commentary. I use that phrase often. If you know any synonymous phrases please let me know. Anyway, iMom delivered an honest look into irresponsible parents, reckless marketing and technology that is unavoidably misused. I wasn’t shocked to the point of unconsciousness, but I definitely saw the points of the film as it was formatted well for a modern audience. (I nonchalantly agreed with the cultural statements ushered by the film. There’s got to be a word for that.)

The film is more than fiction.