… I have an awful sense of humor

Obviously, satire is all around us in this day and age. So many shows have become popular because of the humor that is used to make fun of an issue, person, or idea. South Park is one of the best examples of this. It constantly is using modern topics like the legalization of weed, school shootings, urban revitalization, and dependency on the internet for basic needs as bases for episodes. Though it is a gaudy, it still gets the different points across. Personally, I’m a fan of shows like South Park, The Office, and Parks and Rec. I like that they use relatable, everyday situations and make them comical. The idea of basing a show off of someone’s daily routine, but adding humorous elements is really entertaining for some reason. Another kind of humor I like is just the incredibly dumb and stupid kind. For example, I love the movie Wayne’s World, but I couldn’t really tell you why. The humor and plot are extremely dumb but I still end up laughing whenever I watch it.

I don’t really know much about Mark Twain to be honest. Mr. McGarry always uses him as an example for citing information. ( I vividly remember the board saying something like “Mark Twain states ~~~~~~~~~~~” for literally two weeks. ) I know that he had a crazy big mustache and untamed hair and that he wrote The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I’m really not excited to read it though because all of the seniors, especially Jasmin moaned, groaned, and whined about this book and the assignments that went along with it.

Some things I learned when I googled him were that Mark Twain was a pen name, and his real name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens, he dropped out of school when he was in fifth grade, and he briefly joined a Confederate militia during the Civil War. Something else I found out was that The Aventures of Huckleberry Finn is a sequel to The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. I think it’s kinda weird to be reading a sequel but Huck Finn is called “The Great American Novel” so maybe that’s why?

Image result for wayne's world gif