Blog: 11, Virtues experiment

Well. I think it’s safe to say I forgot about this one. Let’s get to it, shall we? This virtues experiment was quite a while ago (bear with me if I mess up some details, and yes I actually did it, don’t worry), but I think I learned some pretty beneficial things about self-worth, and self-love. But before we get into all that, let me mention the virtues that my group and I added. Firstly, “Love yourself”. Secondly, “Cleanliness”. Lastly (wording was not my idea), “Happy bod, Happy life”. So take care of yourself in the physical sense. One day. That’s how far I got before I realized in the truest sense, “No one’s perfect”. Certainly not myself, by a long shot. It became abundantly clear when I found myself to be too lazy to even mark down when I had broken a virtue. I mean, some virtues were a lot easier to follow than others. Such as cleanliness, “Happy bod, Happy life”, and Chasity (lol). But some others that I frequently broke was, industry, tranquility, humility, resolution, etc, the list goes on. So yeah I quickly discovered it was impossible to be perfect. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that you shouldn’t try to have some of these qualities. Ah which brings us to resolution. Think of what you wan’t to do, and then follow through with it. Before the experiment, I had it fourth on the list of most important to least important virtues. But I realize now that it doesn’t matter if you try to follow other virtues if you don’t have resolution first. It doesn’t matter if you say you’re going to practice these virtues of you don’t have the “resolution” or resolve to do so. So if one is to attempt to undertake this particular experiment, I’d say, try to focus on resolution before anything else. Even though I definitely failed this experiment, (even if it was just marking down our flaws), I did learn a lesson in self worth. It doesn’t matter if you’re perfect or not if you at least make an attempt practice doing so.

0 comments on “Blog: 11, Virtues experimentAdd yours →