debate

My topic that I got is pro modify school days. This is not my personal position on this issue. I don’t really have a strong stance on ether side, but I am more on the side of leaving it the same. I don’t know a whole lot about this issue, all I know is that people want to push back the day so kids can get more sleep. When looking up this topic, i found overwhelming people saying we should start school later for many health reasons. I am going to talk about how just moving school back a little bit will have more positive than negative on everyone. An ethical issue on this topic regards the health of the kids. I would bring up how there are studies that show kids performing better when pushing back the school start time even 30 minutes. Mental health is a big issue in today’s world. People are more aware of it and take it more serious than ever. Kids need more sleep to improve their mental health and their overall learning experience. 60% of children under the age of 18 complained of being tired during the day, according to their parents, and 15% said they fell asleep at school during the year. I would use this as an ethical point. Kids are not getting enough sleep and we now knowing this but not doing anything about it. There are a few emotions I could bring into play. Everyone who went to school every knows the dreaded felling of getting up n the morning and not getting enough sleep. People will be understanding of this issue and even mad. With all the research showing that kids under preform when not getting enough sleep, and we knowing about it yet nothing is changing.