Blog 19: Comedy

It would be hard to go a day on youtube without running into satire. Most of our generations comedy is based around dark humor and satire. Although, The common satire I see is not something you may want to share with the class. A satire that you may share with the class is any one of pewdiepie’s videos. You will find him using satire in pretty much any of them. Satire has to be one of my favorite forms of comedy because at first you might not even catch it, and then it persists and you know for sure. The only problem I see with satire is people take things seriously and out of context, so people may be shown as something they are not. They would just be trying to make fun of that thing, but some people do not understand it. So they would be labelled at that one thing. I am sure that if you watch a comedy tv show or movie you will find at least one example of satire, or maybe even the entire show is satire like the Office.

My favorite kind of humor has to either be really dumb memes that no one gets, or simply satire. Sure, I like pretty much every kind of humor, but that’s the humor that i am most accustomed to. I most likely laugh at pretty much everything, I’m not picky in comedy. A few examples of stupid memes that I have enjoyed for the past year that I can think of off the top of my head are: big chungus, somebody toucha my spaghett, ironic minecraft memes, gamers are oppressed memes. Really anything that is stupid. I laugh at the things the general public looks at and thinks “how.”

I know little to nothing about Mark Twain if I’m being honest, but I am going to guess he did a lot of satire.

Samuel Langhorne Clemens, also known as Mark Twain, was a major American writer from Missouri. His stories and novels are famous for their humor, vivid details, and memorable characters. His best-known works are The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, both classics in American literature.

Quote taken from:

https://shsmo.org/historicmissourians/name/c/clemens/index.html

Ah yes, Mark Twain is the man who wrote Huckleberry fin. I feel like a fool for not knowing this, but I am going to guess the entire reason we are learning satire is because of this book. I see through the lies of the jedi, I know the truth now. Huckleberry Fin is a satirical book, and it won’t take itself too seriously like I expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rVWGMDnOSw    (not sure of the details of this video are, but am just using the thumbnail)