Before I actually wrote my own poems with actual elements of poetry, I didn’t really like poetry. Now I like it a lot more because I understand it more. Although I cannot analyse poetry for my life, I think I can write a pretty average poem. It’s a big step up from under average poetry I’d say. I now can look at a poem and think more about the elements than I have before. The thing is that I really didn’t know about any of this “pentameter” stuff, so it’s definitely a step up than before. My approach changed on my second poem because I had more experience since I had just written a poem. My new understanding of poetry is that you should not use ducks and monkeys to describe your classmates, I feel like there are so many different ways to explain how they are loud. I chose the most foolish one. So i decided to write a poem about what all of us short guys are thinking: being short sucks. So I wrote that poem and I like it a lot more. The second poem is an exaggeration of what should happen with short people. I wrote that we should rule the society because we are the only ones that can, which is completely false. The poem is obviously written to feel better about my height. It’s even in the title. I’d like to think the world that would come out of my poem would involve short people only having tall people have one job. They would be shelve reachers. A way to add imagery into a poem is by many different literary devices. Such as a simile to describe something from something else. Or maybe personification to make you imagine this object. The words we use during the poem conjures up the main image of the poem, you want to make your reader imagine a certain something. Maybe you want them to imagine a field or a forest. The way you write the syllables in your poem and pretty much everything that makes up the poem produces the sound, image, and rhythm.

https://www.purelypoultry.com/pekin-ducklings-p-621.html