“This Means War”- Avenged Sevenfold

“The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County” did a good job with satire and you can see it once you know what you are looking for. The answers me and my group did are really bad and now we can’t fix them because they turned it in and don’t want to fix it. Now we get look to stupid but I don’t really care because we know the answers now. It was funny because the person that was described as stupid being smarter than the guy who got a nice education. I mean I do that too when people talk down on me I find a way to make them look stupid. I guess part of the satire is the reader being stupid enough to read it. Satire is making fun of someone in a way so everyone around can tell but the person won’t till later. I thought it was funny how Wheeler trapped the narrator so he could waste his time because he talked down on him. That is a level of petty I can get behind. I mean its not like a miner in a mining town has his entire day planned or there is much to see.

I’m not excited to read “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” but I know Mark Twain is a salty individual and all his writings are like that. I don’t really care about the book or short story i’m just waiting for someone to get roasted. “iMom” was satire. How? It made fun of humanity for everything we are now. Technology. It showed all the different couples and what they “thought” of the technology but then they started fighting over who had which line. Because technology solves all problems including your marriage issues. I knew she was going to put the baby in the oven. I knew something was going to happen with the baby and then I saw the robot start cutting the food and I thought she was going to put the baby in the oven. Then I was right because we saw the chicken is the crib. And that is the weirdest and most disturbing things I have ever wrote but I don’t care anymore. “iMom” took a really dark turn which is a part of satire but we are used to things that are funny or somewhat funny so when we see satire that’s dark we have a what the heck moment.

Image result for could we not

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment