A Satirical Roller-Coaster – Blog 20

I thought the short story was interesting. The use of dialects were interesting to read, and also interesting to decipher. Once explained, the story gets ever better. When we were told that it was making fun of people who judge people by their looks and that the narrator was being lead on to being even more of a fool, I was very satisfied the the story and I actually thought it was funny. Now I anticipate that Huckleberry Finn is going to be quite the adventure to read, and I am not disappointed so far. I don’t know much about it, but after already reading some of it for reasons, (ahem), I know a little bit, like the writing style Twain is going for and the names of some characters. After reading the short story, I can anticipate that the book will continue to be written in a way that is authentic to the way characters would have acted in real life and how they will have spoken. I can also anticipate that some satire will be interwoven into the story in a subtle way. Finally, iMom, for one, wasn’t as creepy as some people made it out to be. That aside, I like the way that the creators chose to convey their message that they were trying to convey to the world. They were trying to make fun of our idiotic beliefs and dependence on technology, and having that come back to bite us with killer androids that bake babies was an eye-catching way to do so. I thought it was a funny way to do so, as usually something like this is portrayed by something out of the Terminator movies, but having something like a docile helper turn on you is somewhat different. I’m not saying this hasn’t been done before, but I’ve never seen it done in this way. All in all, I liked all of these examples of satire, and am excited to read more of Huck Finn.