short story writing

I chose the sentence music came from the abandoned house. I had two thoughts that I got from the sentence, either the music could be haunted music coming from a haunted house, or a story about teenage kids playing music from the house. My story is about two kids. One is quiet and want’s to doe something more than what his parents want him to do after high school. The other is a trouble maker who has no plans with his life and lives off his parents money. They have a dream of starting a band inspired by their classic music inspirations. However its 2018 and no one thinks their band will be good because every one likes pop music and rap. So from all the pressure and negativity the protagonist Freddie they bad one of the two friends has the great idea to leave and go out west with no money, no plan, and just trying to get famous. Which the percentage of that happening is very small and charlie the main character knows that but’s hes so bored with everything and fed up with his parents he leaves. Which ends up sparking a series of adventures and them getting into some trouble. they really wanna find some people that appreciate bands like zeppelin and black sabbath to help them boost their careers. But along the way they meet a lot more interesting people who each have a story to tell that helps charlie learn different lessons. ill tell each of their stories by adding flashback about each person they meet. I thought it would be a cool way to make the story interesting and actually be realistic instead of something like they find a time machine and get to travel back in time but get stuck and have to figure out how to get back. Which I might have to end up doing if my story ends up not being interesting which it’s probably gonna be pretty terrible, we’ll see. The things we’ve been doing have just helped me develop the characters and how they interact with each other through the story. I also realized how much the conflict is important and shapes the whole story.