a week of notes

To see which terms i took interest in, I thought about the movie i chose and which things that just fly over my head while I’m watching it. The term i really took notice of was stock character. It’s a pretty easy term to learn and once you learn about it you’re like ooooh that makes complete sense. However I have never actually watched a movie and been aware of these characters. I’m doing my short story paper on the dark knight  and i tried to pick out the damsel in distress and the wise old man, because I’ve never specifically tried to pick them out of a movie or book. It was really easy to find them. the wise old man in the dark knight is Alfred the butler because hes always throwing words of wisdom to Bruce Wain trying to get him to be more careful and always is there to help him in all the batman movies. Then picking out the damsel in distress was even easier. All though her part in the movie doesn’t end well, its like batman would risk anything for her. Since picking those characters out in the Dark Knight movie I’ve found myself thinking of other movies I’ve watched in the past and picking out the stock characters in them. I’ll probably continue to pick out the stock characters as i read books and watch movies (mostly movies), but it’s cool too see you actually learned something and can spot it out. I would also say I thought about theme and if it was universal or topical to the story. Sometimes one can get so caught up in movies and books you don’t think about to the end if its actually realistic and could apply every where or just the specific topic of the movie/book. thinking about weather the theme is universal or topical can also just help you relate to the theme more, because if it’s more realistic it’s easier to have similarities with. In the dark night Bruce Wayne’s parents died. I can’t personally relate to that but it’s realistic enough that other people that watch the movie might have had that happen and might like the movie more because they have something in common.Image result for notes