My initial reaction to it was “Wow this is long” because it was so many different poems combined. I didn’t understand it fully the first time I read it, so I had to read it a few times to start comprehending it. My comprehension was wrong in comparison to what the author had actually meant by it. We were assigned as a group to work on section 3 of the poem. My initial reaction was was “Of course you gave our group the longest section”. I had to read it a few times to start making an analysis of it. We thought that overall we analyzed it pretty good, until you started to help us with some lines. The analysis we made had made sense so it was supported. Whitman did a good job keeping Transcendentalism as the main theme. He was very devoted to keeping that idea alive and making it a popular belief, and he made several poems and other things to support his idea and to show how to live with it. The most important lines of the poem, in my opinion at least are  “There was never any more inception than there is now, Nor any more youth or age than there is now, And will never be any more perfection than there is now, Nor any more heaven or hell than there is now.” I think these are the most important because they show that now is the time to start, there is no better time then now to conform  your life to transcendentalism. We had a problem with a few lines at the end of the poem because those lines are very confusing. Image result for song of myself